Booking info and guidance for customers
We are delighted to open the doors again and welcome customers to our lovely riverside restaurant, from 10th July!
At first we’ll open the restaurant on Thursday evenings, Friday evenings, Saturday lunchtimes, Saturday evening, and Sunday lunch only. We are committed to the safety aspect of maintaining a small and consistent team of staff – trained in COVID-19 Secure restaurant service, so our opening hours are limited for that reason.
Our popular Takeaway service will continue – That’s Thursday to Saturday evenings 5.30pm to 8.30pm, and Sunday lunch 12 noon to 5pm, please see our Takeaway Menu page for info on ordering and safe collection – thanks!
Guidance for Customers about COVID-19 Secure Dining:
- Customers who feel unwell/display Coronavirus symptoms must not attend the restaurant
- Customers should please use hand sanitiser on entering the restaurant and at the table
- The customer toilets are located on the dining room floor and are accessible for handwashing. There is new clear “Vacant/Occupied” signage outside the toilets, and clearer access to the toilets to facilitate safe distancing. Toilets are cleaned more frequently in line with usage.
- To operate our restaurant whilst staying COVID-19 secure, we have properly assessed the risks to our customers and workers, and have taken appropriate measures to mitigate this.
- (Link to “Staying COVID-19 Secure in 2020” notice)
- Please make use of our customer car park.
- There is a new one-way entrance/exit route in the restaurant. Entrance is via the front door (level access from the car park). Exit is via the riverside staircase, involving some steps, a door frame, a staircase and steep walkway.
- For customers who prefer not to negotiate the exit steps and slope, please tell a member of staff who will escort you safely out of the restaurant via the front entrance door, thanks.
- Our restaurant tables are arranged in accordance with the social distancing guidelines. Our terrace is covered with a timber roof. In the event of adverse weather conditions customers cannot seek shelter indoors unless social distancing can be maintained.
- We ask please for considerate, gentle behaviour so that our staff can serve safely. We hope customers will accept and support our adapted service techniques, so that social distancing and optimum hygiene are prioritised. Customers are expected to stay at their reserved tables, attracting the attention of staff should they need anything. Ordering, dining and payments will be done at the table. We ask that customers check access to the toilets from their tables, staff can check for you too, and maintain social distancing whilst visiting the toilets.
Thank you! We can do this safely, together!
- The restaurant is operating a reservation-only policy. To assist the NHS Test & Trace service we are requested to record names and contact details of each customer at the time of booking, thank you.
- Reservations INDOORS should only be for groups of up to 2 households (including support bubbles). Reservations OUTDOORS on our terrace can also include a group of maximum 6 people from any number of households.
- A deposit of £10 per head may be required at the time of booking, this will be deducted from the bill.
- Pre ordering is helpful to us but not always required. Please let us know if you would like to pre order – thanks. For groups of 5 or more we would prefer to take a pre order – thanks for you help with this.